This Sunday 12th August sees the return of the World of Supercars Show and Track Day will be the biggest gathering of sports and supercars ever seen at Knockhill! An anticipated 300+ Hypercars, Supercars and Sportscars will be on display with many driving on the famous British Touring Car Circuit at Knockhill. Not only will be paddocks be packed with stunning machinery, but the air will be full of the noise of V8’s, V10’s and the odd V12 being put through their paces.
This is the WOS third year and it promises to better than never before with a timetable packed with additional stunning action including a Formula One display, a world class stunt driver display, drag car demo and demos by fabulously quick long circuit karts. Most of Scotlands supercar dealerships will be present too with the very latest line-ups on show, including some models that have not yet been seen publically before in Scotland.
Here is some further information:
What is the World of Supercars Show?
The World of Supercars Show is a car track day and show where we welcome over two hundred Sports, Super and Hypercars, to celebrate the most exotic machinery on the planet. The speed and sound of these cars will be seen and heard to the max as they roar around the circuit.
– Over 200 of the world’s most exotic supercars on show and on track
– NEW Supercar Hot Lap Rides from just £39 – Book Now
– Special Porsche 70th Anniversary Celebration Display (behind fencing)
– World Stunt Champion Kevin Carmichael’s Stunt Show
– Flying Fifer Drag Car Demo
– F1 Demonstration Laps – Feat. Ex – Nelson Piquet Benetton and more
– Extreme Scottish Tractor Pullers Club display and engine start ups
– Special parades and track invasion at the end of the day
– The 2018 event will have Dealership participation from Tesla, McLaren, Bentley, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati.
– New for 2018! Raptor, Mercedes-Benz and BAC
– Special exhibits on and off track
– Free Teen Drive taster sessions (on admission) – Register at the Circuit Office – Exclusively for 13-17 Year Olds
– Arrive and Drive (Kids/Adult/Family) karting sessions from 12.00pm -1.00pm and 2.30pm – 3.30pm (£10pp for 10mins) – Ask at the centre for details on the day!
Is this event specifically for modern Supercars?
The era of the Supercar can date back to when the likes of the Jaguar E-Type first burst on to the unsuspecting public roads in the 1960’s. The Ferrari 308, Lamborghini Countach and Porsche 911 Turbo era then made them into poster cars, posters that adorned almost every teenager’s bedroom walls throughout Europe. An area for classic Supercars will complement the 21st Century line up of McLaren, Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini Supercars in the paddock and on track!
What will I see?
New for 2018, we have have a huge increase in attractions for all the family. This is one of our “SUPER SIX” events with specific content aimed at all the family with fun fair attractions, simulator and much, much more. Off track attractions will feature static displays of exotica from the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, Audi R8 and numerous others from the world’s finest performance manufacturers. The latest 2017 Supercars will be on display from dealerships from all over Scotland, to allow them to showcase their newest models. The Hyper Cars and special exhibits will be undercover in the show area within the pit lane garages for fans to see up close!
On the track, car owners will display the performance characteristics of their cars to the full in Supercar Trackday sessions, driven hard as they should be away from the restrictions of the road. Allowing fans to appreciate the noise and spectacle of the exotic machinery and capture exceptional photo opportunities.
As a long term partner with Knockhill Racing we have generously been offered a concession for EWC followers. All you need to do when turning up is show that you follow EWC and you will get a concessionary ticket price of £10.00 and remember kids under 16 go free so bring the family along. All you need to do is take a screen shot on your phone of our website or show our website on your phone at the entry gate.
We will be there on show in the supercar paddock so please come and say hello! We have some very special watches in stock including some for our Ferrari owners and enthusiasts!