Please read carefully. By placing an order with EWC this constitutes your agreement to the terms noted below.
- All watches sold will remain the property of Edinburgh Watch Company Limited (EWC) until payment has been received in full.
- EWC guarantees that all pre-owned watches are authentic items e.g. not fakes or copies.
- Pre-owned watches sold from stock where a customer has not physically seen the watch will be provided with a 14 calendar day return policy (UK only). This does not apply to watches bought in person. Please inform EWC by phone or email should you wish to return a watch within 24 hours. Watches must not be worn, altered, protective stickers should be intact and overall the watch should be returned in the exact condition it was supplied in. Returned watches will be inspected by EWC and a refund made less the cost of the original postage. Any watch returned should be well packaged and adequately insured for any loss, damage or theft. Upon receipt EWC will refund or exchange via the same payment method as received.
- When a watch has been specially ordered for a customer this will be exempt from a return unless the goods are faulty or not as described.
Pricing and Payment
- The prices shown are in GBP Sterling. Payment should therefore always be made in GBP currency.
- EWC reserves the right to amend the listed priced in the website. In the unlikely event of a pricing error EWC will not be held liable to supply a watch at the incorrect price.
- EWC watches are sold under the VAT Margin Scheme This is a UK scheme for pre-owned goods. The prices advertised are NETT. Goods purchased under this arrangement have no VAT element within the prices, and therefore there is no VAT reclaimable.
- The price of each watch includes free delivery by Royal Mail special Delivery in the UK.
- Payment must be made in full prior to dispatch of goods.
- EWC will accept a deposit of 10% to secure a stock item. For watches on special order this is subject to discussion.
- Payment may be taken in the following way:
- Bank transfer (CHAPS, BACS or Faster payment)
- Cash ( in person only) up to £9000.00 due to money laundering regulations and personal safety. Standard practice will be for the buyer to accompany EWC staff and make a deposit into a local branch of RBS.
- International payments should be made in GBP via a direct bank transfer.
- Although EWC endeavour to hold stock of all the items advertised for sale on our site this cannot be guaranteed so that by acknowledging receipt of your order we are not creating a binding contract to supply what you have ordered but which we do not have in stock.
- Watches supplied by EWC or their partner companies will be delivered through Royal Mail Special Delivery within 48 hours of cleared funds received. RMSD deliver during weekdays and therefore a watch purchased during the weekend will arrive on a Tuesday or later by arrangement. A Saturday delivery may be possible at extra cost.
- EWC will ensure that each watch is securely packaged. Should the packaging show signs of damage this should be noted via the delivery agent and the buyer must not accept the item. This will be returned to EWC for inspection and redelivery.
- EWC will insure the item for outward transit only. Any returns should be suitably insured by the buyer.
- At times EWC may chose to use another courier.
- EWC will notify the buyer of a tracking number for their convenience.
Watch description and warranty
- All watches sold by EWC are classified as pre-owned. Although some will be completely as new and never worn they have originally been sold by a manufacturer authorised distributor (AD)
- EWC will specialise in the sale of pre-owned unworn watches. Each unworn watch will be in as new condition with all the manufacturer seals intact and likewise will come with instruction manuals ( at times in a foreign language), tags, certificates, boxes etc. Should there be any missing seals etc we will notify the customer pre-sale.
- EWC will also supply pre-owned watches from various luxury manufacturers. Each watch will be prepared to a high standard for a retail sale and will be described accurately. As EWC wishes to ensure customer satisfaction on each occasion we will be pleased to discuss any watch in detail. Like most of our customers we are enthusiasts too and will only sell what we believe are lovely watches that will delight you for many years to come.
- All watches sold by EWC will be in good working order and will include a minimum one year EWC warranty unless otherwise stated. Pre-owned unworn watches will carry the balance of the manufacturer’s warranty.
- In line with the policies of all watch manufacturers, EWC warranty does not extend to external components (items like bezels, crystals, winding crowns, etc.), are all subject to daily knocks and damage over which we have no control—we may have to discuss the cost of repairs to such items with the owner.
- It should be noted that some watches will have been previously enjoyed and therefore may show some signs of wear to the bracelet, leather strap etc. These will be replaced/refurbished if required and if not will be shown in the watch description.
Part Exchange – EWC will be pleased to consider your watch as a part exchange against a watch available for sale on the EWC Website. Please contact EWC if you are interested trading in your watch. EWC will be pleased to inspect it in person (local to Edinburgh) or arrange for your watch to be delivered to EWC for inspection. Proof of purchase of the watch plus all associated paperwork including manufacturer guarantee details should be provided with the watch wherever possible. If EWC decides to buy your watch following our inspection we will provide you with an offer to purchase the watch. Confirmation of your acceptance of the offer must be provided to us in writing. Upon receipt of your confirmation EWC will then deduct the proceeds against the purchase price of the new watch which you would like to purchase and invoice you for the balance. Our invoice is payable within 3 days of the date of invoice. Upon receipt of your payment in full for the invoice we will then despatch the watch to you.